Therapy Now – Terms and conditions for clients engaging in Counselling & Psychotherapy
Client data and records
Personal data is required for our own records and is stored securely using encryption software and may not be released to a third party except under court order or subpoena. All records and data relating to the counselling and psychotherapy session remains the property of Therapy Now
Terms & Conditions for online, telephone & face to face Counselling & Psychotherapy
All therapy requires a commitment from clients: to attend their appointment on time, to be willing to engage in dialogue with their therapist and to understand and accept that at times they may find therapy difficult, and that unpleasant and upsetting emotions may be experienced.
While therapy sessions provide the space for clients to work through difficult feelings and emotions, therapists will not accept threatening or abusive behaviour towards them. Such behaviour may result in the session ending and the client being liable for the full session cost.
By accepting the terms & conditions clients permanently agree to release and indemnify Therapy Now from all legal actions, litigation, law suits and claims originating from counselling and psychotherapy as provided by Therapy Now.
Online Video or Telephone/VOIP Counselling & Psychotherapy
Clients are responsible for ensuring that they are in a suitable environment without interruption or noise for the duration of their appointment. Clients are advised to use headphones with a built-in speaker as this minimises disruption from outside noise and it helps minimise the risk of your interaction with your therapist being overheard.
Clients are responsible for ensuring that their electronic equipment is suitable for conducting online therapy and that their internet/broadband connection is suitable to conduct online therapy. Therapy Now accepts cannot be held liable for loss of service due to poor internet connection speeds, power loss or any equipment failure that prevent clients from attending their online session at the agreed time.
Therapy Now accepts no responsibility for client’s telephone or computer systems, nor any technical difficulties occurring relating to accessing and using our services.
Sessions affected by technical difficulties or cancellations on behalf of the Therapy Now will be subject to a rescheduled session.
Security & Confidentiality
Clients using the services of Therapy Now are responsible for the maintenance and protection of their own computer and for regularly updating their security software. Clients are responsible for making the necessary arrangements to ensure confidentiality from their end during sessions and afterwards where computers may be shared.
Clients and all users of our websites are not permitted to attempt to damage the site in any way through the introduction of viruses, Trojans, trolls, or any form of malicious or harmful technology. Details of any breach of this will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
Limits to Confidentiality
Clients accept that there are limits to confidentiality. While the content of the sessions and the client’s identity is treated with the strictest confidence, this may cease should the client disclose criminal activity, child sexual abuse, or material which leads the therapist to believe that the client poses a threat to the safety of themselves or others or where the safety of a minor is threatened. In all instances where it may be necessary to break confidentiality the client will be informed prior to any action being taken. Clients accept that in the name of best practice therapists are required to attend regular supervision and that your identity will remain confidential.
Clients can reschedule appointments themselves by selecting the ‘reschedule appointment’ option in their confirmation email provided a minimum of 48hours notice is given.
Sessions missed or cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice will incur the full cost of the session.
Cancellations by therapists will result in a full refund or a rescheduled session as per the client’s request.
Appointments & Payment
Appointments cannot be made unless they are paid for at the time of booking. Payment can be made using all major credit cards.
Therapy Now – Client Contract for clients engaging in Counselling & Psychotherapy
By accepting the terms and conditions of use I agree to the following conditions.
- I have been advised that this service is not suitable if I intend to kill myself or harm/kill other people. I accept that Therapy Now does not provide an emergency service and agree that I will contact the emergency services/Hospital immediately and inform that I am thinking of killing myself or harming other people.
- I understand that what I discuss with my therapist will remain confidential apart from the following exceptions:
- If I intend to harm myself or another person.
- If a child or vulnerable adult is at risk of sexual, physical, psychological abuse or neglect.
- If I inform my therapist of criminal activity or terrorism is revealed.
- If ordered to by court order or subpoena.
- I agree not to record or publish any material, which includes: e-mails, telephone calls or video therapy sessions without the prior written consent of Therapy Now.
- I accept that I am responsibility for checking that the laws in my country of residence permit the use of this service.
- I accept that the only contact they will have with their therapist is during scheduled appointments.
- I agree to disclose honestly my medical history and all current medications.
- I understand that this is not a free service and that all sessions are subject to payment in advance.
- I accept Therapy Now cannot be held liable for any actions committed by me against myself or others.
- I accept and understand that Therapy Now does not make any guarantee that I will feel better or be cured by attending therapy
- I confirm that I am over 18 years of age.
- I accept that Therapy Now cannot be held responsible for any failure of my electronic equipment or internet/broadband connection that prevents me from accessing therapy.
- I acknowledge that i should seek legal advice before agreeing to these terms and conditions if I am unsure of any aspect of this agreement.